This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Two children die as fire breaks out in villa in UAE

Paramedics tried hard to resuscitate the two little brothers but they could not make it.

Two Emirati brothers, aged three and four, suffocated to death after their house caught fire at the Madab area in the emirate of Fujairah on Monday afternoon.

Brigadier Ali Obaid Al Tunaiji, Director of the Civil Defense Department, Fujairah, said the two children were trapped in the fire that engulfed their house.

"The two brothers were alone with their grandmother who was helpless and sought help from her neighbours."

The central operations room of the Fujairah police, alerted of the fire at 10.30am, dispatched firefighters, police patrols, paramedics and rescue teams to the site.

"The firefighters cordoned off the house to ensure the safety of neighbours and prevent the flames from spreading to nearby houses."

Water and foam were used in putting out the blaze, which destroyed a large part of the house, he added.

 

The paramedics tried hard to resuscitate the two little brothers but they could not make it.

"The father and mother of the two victims were at work when the fire erupted in their house."

The fire case has been referred to the police station concerned to identify the reasons behind.

Mohammed Abdullah, a neighbour, said he heard the grandmother screaming for help. 

"We then saw the dense smoke coming out of the house, and immediately alerted the civil defence which arrived at the scene in a record time."

Ali A, a relative of the family, said the kids' parents were at work at the time of the fire.

"Unfortunately, the grandmother was so old and could not do anything to help them."

Share This Post

related posts

 

On Top