This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

UAE Visa renewal for Windows, Divorced women within 48 Hours

The General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) in Dubai will dedicate its center at Dubai Festival City to processing visas for widows and divorced women, officials said on Monday.

The announcement comes following sweeping changes to visa regulations, under new reforms enacted by the UAE cabinet, which allow widows and divorced women and their children to extend their visa for one year without a sponsor.


Lieutenant-Colonel Jasem Ali Ahli, director of entry permits in GDRFA, said 12 females employees will receive cases at the centre to grant women the privacy they need.

New visa scheme implemented in UAE

"These cases are sensitive. We understand such cases cannot be discussed at centers' counters, so we dedicated a private office in GDRFA center of Dubai Festival City where female officials will specifically handle cases of widows and divorced women," Ahli said.

Visa renewal applications take up to 48 hours to be processed to grant widows and divorced women the chance to sponsor themselves - and their children - for one year if they did not have male sponsors in the country.

"If widows and divorced women didn't have a male sponsor in the country, they can sponsor themselves and their children for one year," said Ahli.

Applicants and their children, though, must be under the husband's visa at the time of the death or divorce, and the visas must not have expired.

To extend their visa, applicants must present an official divorce or death certificate, the old visa and proof that they can provide for the family. A Dh100 fee will apply for the one-year residence visa, and another Dh100 to cancel the old visa, Ahli said.

The children's residency period does not exceed that of the mother.

The center will be open for applications from 7:30am to 2:30pm. Applicants can call 047074255 for further information. 

Starting Sunday, sweeping changes to visa regulations in the UAE are being implemented. 

Under the scheme, widows, divorced women and their children will be granted a one-year residency visa extension; students sponsored by their parents will get a two-year visa after Grade 12; and visit visa holders can apply for a 30-day extension for two times without having to leave the country.

Officials confirmed that visas for students and visitors will be processed as per the normal procedures across Amer centers. 

Conditions and requirements for one-year residency visa for widows and divorced women

>The mother and children must be under the husband's visa at the time of the death or divorce, and the visas must not have expired

>The woman should present proof of divorce or death of the husband

>Proof that the mother can provide for the family

>Medical fitness certificate for the mother and children over the age of 18, in addition to the Emirates identity card

>No need to pay extra money upon leaving the country after the one-year visa has expired

>Dh100 fee for the one-year residence visa

>Dh100 cancellation fee for the old visa of the mother and children

>A tenancy contract, which should be in the name of woman

Source: etemaaddaily

Share This Post

related posts


On Top