This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Want to sponsor your wife in UAE? Here is what you need

Question: I live with my flatmate in a two-room condo arranged in Downtown Dubai. The tenure contract and Ejari are for the sake of my companion, who is additionally my flatmate. We were told by the land specialist that the agreement can be made just for the sake of one person. Further, my name is referenced in the agreement as a perpetual tenant of the condo and the landowner is totally mindful of this course of action. I similarly share the lease and service charges alongside my flatmate, yet this has not been referenced in the agreement. Presently, I mean to bring my better half under my sponsorship to be inhabitant in the UAE. 


Reply: It should be understood that in the emirate of Dubai, an individual requires an Ejari and tenure contract in his name to support his significant other or close relatives like guardians and youngsters in the UAE. You have referenced that your name is referenced in the tenure contract as a tenant. The tenure contract might be not quite the same as an Ejari and just an Ejari is acknowledged as a legitimate archive. A tenure contract may not be sufficient for you to apply for living arrangement visa of your significant other under your sponsorship. You may contact The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai to look for their feeling on this issue. On the other hand, you may lease another loft and get an Ejari in your name; or orchestrate with your flatmate to move out of the condo and acquire another Ejari with your name on it, for a similar level where you are dwelling.


Know the law

An individual requires an Ejari and tenancy contract in his name to sponsor his wife or immediate family members like parents and children in the UAE

Ashish Mehta is the founder and Managing Partner of Ashish Mehta & Associates. He is qualified to practise law in Dubai, the United Kingdom, Singapore and India. Full details of his firm on:

Share This Post

related posts

On Top