Residence and Work Permits Rules in Qatar

Residence and work permits, in the State of Qatar, have become easy and simple after the recently revised labor law, which is flexible in protecting all rights of the two working parties. Therefore, you can bring your family, to live with you in Qatar. Meanwhile, your wife can work in Qatar, but after registering in Recruitment Department at the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs.


The Residency Permit – the basics

All newcomers wishing to work and live in Qatar require a Work Residence Permit (commonly referred to as an RP) for which they will need a Qatari employer​ (company or individual).

It is typically the responsibility of the employer to handle all paperwork required to obtain the Residence Permit on behalf of the expatriate. When a expatriates first enter Qatar, their employer will arrange for a temporary visa which is then converted to a Work Residency Permit – a process that typically takes 2-4 weeks and sometimes longer. Applicants may not leave the country during the period of visa-to-permit conversion.

The Residency Permit
Once an expatriate receives the Work Residence Permit, he or she can then access many other services, apply for further permits and licenses, sign a rental accommodation agreement, apply for a loan, and the list goes on.

Another key benefit of the Residence Permit is that it allows the worker to personally sponsor their immediate family members (spouse, sons, daughters) to join them and live in Qatar (see Family Residence Visa below).

Work Residence Permits are renewed each year by the expatriate’s employer.

Family Residence Visa – permission for your family to stay
Expatriates can sponsor their immediate family members. Every family member, including infants, must have an individual Family Residence Visa. The Visa can be purchased for a period of 1-5 years and is stamped in each family member’s passport.

Applicants are required to submit a number of documents, including authenticated marriage and birth certificates, no-objection letter and salary certificate from their employer.

Registering as a Working Woman
A woman who is in Qatar on a family sponsorship and who has approval from her husband may register to work without obtaining a separate work permit. Applicants may visit the Labor Department to complete the application process.

How to Renew Your Lost Resistant Permit

In case if you lost your RP, you can renew it from the Ministry of Interior or you can renew through their online portal. There’s a specific fee for renewal of lost Resistant Permit. Moreover, you have to report to the General Directorate of Passports if you have lost your Qatari ID.

There’re two possibilities of losing an RP. One refers to the situation when you lose your RP outside of Qatar. In that case, you have wait until the authorities send you a new Qatar ID so that you can enter in the state of Qatar. But if you lose your RP within Qatar, your employer or company have to approach to the Ministry for replacement of Resistant Permit.

For More Visit :

Source: gov

Share This Post

related posts


On Top