This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Saudi man stabs expat to death in horrific crime

An Egyptian pharmacist - based in Saudi Arabia's Jizan governorate - was recently stabbed to death by a local man, a crime that has sent shockwaves across the kingdom. 

The victim, identified as Ahmed Taha, was attacked during his work shift at one of the city's pharmacies. The perpetrator ambushed him with a knife and stabbed him seven times.

Taha was immediately transferred to a local hospital, but eventually succumbed to his wounds.

Police arrested the attacker minutes after the crime took place and referred him to investigation. Local news reports have since stated that the murderer is mentally unstable.

Authorities in Egypt are closely following up on the case

In her official statement on the matter, Nabila Makram - Egypt's Minister of State for Emigration and Egyptian Expatriates Affairs - sent out condolences to Taha's family and said she is closely following the case. 

She also refuted claims that the defendant is mentally unstable and said he will be held accountable for his crime.

The ministry's officials have since contacted Saudi officials and are communicating with Egypt's embassy in the kingdom to ensure the victim's body is repatriated.

The victim's family has since issued a statement

In a statement to press, Taha's sister, Dr. Menna Taha, said the family doesn't believe the killer is mentally unstable and called on authorities to execute him.

"He's not mentally unstable. Saudi Arabia applies Sharia law when it comes to murder. A person who kills, must be killed," she said.

His mother, Amal Sayed, also spoke to local media outlets, explaining that her son had been living in the kingdom the past four years, but was always in touch with his family back home.

The victim visited Egypt in July and was preparing to get engaged at the time of his murder.

Source: stepfeed

Share This Post

related posts

On Top