This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Here's when your company can deduct your salary

Amount owed to the employee can be deducted from his severance pay.

I recruited a Nepalese as a cleaner on a contract of unlimited duration. I spent Dh4,500 in November 2017 to get him a two-wheeler driving licence. The employee now wants to resign from employment and join another company. Can I recover the driving licence money?

It is accepted that you gave an advance/loan to your representative to obtain a driving licence and such an advance is recorded among you and your worker. On the off chance that such is the situation, you may recoup this cash once again from your worker. This is as per Article 135 of the Federal Law No. 8 of 1980 managing Employment Relations in the UAE. It expresses, "A business may deduct any sums owed to him by a representative from the last's severance pay."


Know the law

An employer may recover a documented loan back from the employee. Amount owed to the employee can be deducted from his severance pay.

Share This Post

related posts

On Top