This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Philippines to hold second autopsy

The body of Constancia Lago Dayag, the Filipina domestic worker who was rushed by an ambulance on May 14 to the Al Sabah Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival, will be flown to Manila on Thursday at 2:00 am on board Kuwait Airways Flight No. KU-417.

The body is set to arrive on the same day at 4:40 in Manila, disclosed on Wednesday Philippine Charge d’ Affaires Mohd Noordin Pendosina Lomondot. 

“Through our strong representation with the Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the concerned Kuwaiti authorities gave us the clearance to bring home the remains of Constancia Dayag to Manila, “ stated Lomondot who is accompanying the remains to Manila as instructed by the Office of the Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs at the Department of Foreign Affairs.

Dayag, 47, a native of Agadanan, Isabela arrived in Kuwait in 2016 to work as a household service worker under one employer. She was rushed at noon on May 14 by an ambulance to the Al Sabah Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Initial reports that came out on the Philippine media and several social media sites indicated that her body allegedly bore various bruises and contusions and was allegedly sexually abused.

However, the Kuwait Forensic Department released its initial findings that Dayag died of a natural cause and there was no foul play.

According to reliable sources, investigations by detectives showed the relationship between the maid and her sponsor and his sons was good and there were no problems between them. She was about to travel to the Philippines for vacation in agreement with her sponsor.

The sources added, the sponsor then informed the Operations Room of the Ministry of Interior and the door was forced open by firemen and the maid was found dead in her bed.

Preliminary investigations showed the death was normal. “The Forensic report is almost done. I have talked to the Criminal Evidence Department of the Ministry of Interior yesterday.


According to Dr Mohammad Al Enezi and Dr Tawfiq, the criminal investigation is almost done. They have already gathered the specimens, DNAs and other things that they had to do and the body can be shipped now to Manila,” pointed out Lomondot.

He was quick to clarify that the Philippine Embassy does not have a copy yet of the complete and final forensic report. “They said it will be done in a few days and as a diplomatic procedure, the Ministry of Interior will transmit it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will hand this to the embassy,” explained Lomondot.

Lomondot cited that Dayag’s family has requested for the quick repatriation of her remains as they want to have the body autopsied again by concerned Philippine authorities.

Share This Post

related posts

On Top